The SIS Library is a space for learning and development. It provides students (from kindergarten to the last year of the Diploma level), teachers and parents with a collection of almost twenty-one thousand items. There are open-shelf collections and places for quiet work, also with a laptop with Internet accessible for older students. The Primary Reading Corner is dedicated to the youngest children.
- Provides the school community (students, teachers and parents) access to the library collections
- Helps to find sources available in other libraries and in Internet
- Guides in searching for relevant and appropriate scientific literature, popular science and fiction books.
- Conducts workshops and consultations for students in the field of information and media literacy (searching for, collecting, evaluating, interpreting, ethically processing and presenting information available in various media)
- Conducts library lessons and organizes events that through literature allow students to develop interdisciplinary skills and look at the world with tenderness yet critically.
Most of the library collections are in the English language, but there are also Polish, German, Danish, Spanish and French sections. They include:
- textbooks for the implementation of curricula
- educational games
- To provide the school community with various sources
- To support students in achieving such skills as critical thinking and the responsible use of sources
- To stimulate students’ curiosity about the world around them and their need to explore it
- To support students in navigating the world of information technology and becoming active and ethical users of it
- To develop academic honesty, especially citing and referencing skills
- To provide access to sources that reflect different perspectives, both cultural and those resulting from individual experiences
- To expand Mother Tongue and foreign languages collections
- To establish conditions that encourage a love for books
- To let the students acknowledge reading as a way to better understand themselves and others
The library is open from 8:30 to 15:30
Files to download: